Beautiful Translations & Homonyms (for Korean and other languages)
ABOUT THE TEMPLATE FAMILY
What is the Beautiful Anki template family?
The Beautiful Anki family, by Jason Siegel, is composed of 4 templates for your Anki flashcards. Each template is designed for a specific purpose and complements the others for an exceptional Anki experience. See the Beautiful Templates Bundle to save when you buy the entire Beautiful Anki family.
- The Basic and Reversed Cards template is for simple content
- The Cloze Cards template is for cloze deletion texts (fill in the blanks)
- The Cloze Table Cards template is for cloze deletions in table format
- The Translation & Homonym Cards template is for language learning
What features are available in all Beautiful Anki templates?
- An explanation field shown on the back side of the card
- The subdeck displayed on the back side of the card
- Tags displayed as individual pills
- Hierarchical tags compatibility (Add-on required)
- Color-coded tags capability (Customizable with a file edit)
- Night mode automatically activated based on hour of day (Customizable with a file edit)
- Custom background images (Customizable with a file edit)
ABOUT THIS TEMPLATE
What additional features are available in the Translation & Homonym Cards template?
- All of the features of the Beautiful Anki template family
- Audio fields
- Audio replay buttons
- An image field for every word or phrase
- Links to Google Images from your original language text
- Incredible homonym support for up to 3 words or phrases in the original language translating to up to 3 meanings in the target language! Create up to 18 two-sided cards at once with a single note that adheres to the minimum information principle through an innovative “false cloze deletion” method
- Text hiding on the question side to avoid unintentional hints about homonym
- A link to an online translation for each foreign language text (Customizable with a file edit)
- A context field for providing additional information necessary to answer the question correctly
- An alternate translation field in each language, for similar acceptable translations
- An example usage field for every word or phrase
Is this template compatible with my version of Anki?
The Beautiful Anki template family has been optimized for Anki Mobile on iOS. Efforts have been made ensure compatibility on other platforms and devices, but there may be minor visual differences that do not affect overall functionality
Xefjord's Complete Korean
Xefjord’s Complete Language Series was created with the mission of providing free language learning courses for every known living language. Xefjord was driven to start this project because he believes that every culture is inherently valuable and important to our humanity and global well being, and that languages are the gateway towards preserving and promoting those cultures.
Because of its popularity, ease of use, and open source nature Xefjord decided to create all his courses on the digital flashcard program Anki. These courses were created with the purpose of giving learners a survival level introduction to their language of choice while also granting them the tools to continue learning with and expanding upon the functionality of Anki afterwards.
There is only one option for learning Korean.
This Korean course teaches standard Korean as one might hear in Seoul, South Korea.
You can get support for this decks by joining the subreddit or discord communities for Xefjord’s Complete Languages. Thank you~