Merriam-Webster Vocabulary Builder
Tags: english, vocabulary
For students preparing for standardized tests, including the SAT, ACT, ESL, TOEFL, and TOEIC. Also for homeschoolers and remote learners. Organized by 250 Greek and Latin roots as the building blocks for words, this book will aid in learning 1,200 words while introducing 2,000 more words. Includes quizzes after each root discussion to test progress.
Notes about the deck design:
- A well designed deck of “Merriam-Webster Vocabulary Builder”.
- For each unit, first the ROOT of the words is introduced. (cloze)
- Then WORDS based on the ROOT is introduced. (cloze, reverse)
- At the end of the unit QUIZZES are presented for review. (basic)
- Night Mode!
Cloze Deletions are auto generated using spaCy. (expect weird stuff) ~ https://spacy.io/
Merriam Webster doesn’t use IPA, so all IPA is auto generated using “eng_to_ipa”. ~ https://pypi.org/project/eng-to-ipa/
- v1.0 [2020-09-21] Initial Release
- v1.1 [2020-09-23] fonts, reorder cards
- v1.2 [2020-09-26] better cloze deletions
- v1.3 [2020-10-02] corrected issues with some cloze cards. Revised deck HTML and CSS. Change fonts.
- v1.4 [2020-10-09] Major UI overhaul. Corrected some issue with cards.
- v1.5 [2020-11-04] Dealt with that annoying white flash when changing cards in night mode. Under the hood optimizations. FINAL UPDATE. This deck will not be updated further. Check out Merriam-Webster Vocabulary Builder LITE (English)
CSS One Line Layouts
Tags: computer science, programming, css, html, web
The 10 one line CSS layouts from https://1linelayouts.glitch.me/ . Deck is just the name and the layout, it assumes you’ve already watched the video / understand the layouts. Useful if you don’t want to stop to look these up while coding!
Standard ASCII Symbols
Tags: ascii, computer science, html
A deck for all the non-typable symbols (non-accented alpha characters) in standard 8-bit ASCII. This works out to be ASCII characters 161-191 which are:
¡ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ ¦ § ¨ © ª « ¬ (soft-hyphen, not visible) ® ¯ ° ± ² ³ ´ µ ¶ · ¸ ¹ º » ¼ ½ ¾ ¿
This deck includes the symbol, english description, ASCII decimal code, hex code, and HTML name. You might want to disable some of the cards depnding on your use case.