Terms of Service
This is a legal agreement between users of this service ("you" or "your") and Anki Decks, a sole proprietership operating in Washington State, USA. This agreement governs your usage of AnkiDecks ("the service"). In this document, "we" and "our" refers to Anki Decks and its staff.
Using the service
In connection with using or accessing the service you will not:
- breach or circumvent any laws, regulations, third-party rights or our systems, services, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18 years old), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our services, or are a person with whom transactions are prohibited under economic or trade sanctions;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user's listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content;
- transfer your account and user ID to another party without our consent;
- interfere with the functioning of the service, such as by imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of our services or post content that does not belong to you;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures used to provide our services.
If we believe you are abusing our services in any way, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our services, delay or remove hosted content, remove and/or not display listings, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our services.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a substantial period of time. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
The pricing we charge for using our services are listed on our pricing page. We may change our seller pricing from time to time by posting the changes on the site.
When listing an item for sale on our platform you agree that:
- You assume full responsibility for the item offered and the accuracy and content of the listing,
- Content that violates any of our policies may be modified, obfuscated or deleted at our sole discretion,
- We may revise product data associated with listings to supplement, remove, or correct information,
- Metatags and URL links that are included in a listing may be removed or altered so as to not affect third-party search engine results,
When buying an item on our platform, you agree to the that:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before committing to buy,
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item,
- We do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to the buyer,
When you provide content using our platform (directly or indirectly), you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights you have in that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of our services, in any media known now or developed in the future. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your right to enforce your Intellectual Property Rights in that content against us, our assignees, our sublicensees, and their assignees in connection with our, those assignees', and those sublicensees' use of that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of our services.
You represent and warrant that, for all such content you provide, you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to do so and to meet your obligations under these Terms of Service. You represent and warrant that such content is accurate. You represent and warrant that use of any such content (including derivative works) by us, our users, or others in contract with us, and in compliance with this Terms of Service, does not and will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. We takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content provided by you or any third party.
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringementct. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We try to keep our services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our services.
You agree that you are making use of our services at your own risk, and that they are being provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, other intangible losses, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- the content you provide (directly or indirectly) using our platform;
- your use of or your inability to use our services;
- delays or disruptions in our services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any of our services;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our services or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account;
- the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results;
- your need to modify practices, content, or behavior, or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this Terms of Service or our policies.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
You will indemnify and hold us (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Terms of Service, your improper use of our services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
Except as otherwise provided in this Terms of Service, if any provision of this Terms of Service is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
We may amend this Terms of Service at any time by posting the amended terms on the site. Our right to amend the Terms of Service includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the Terms of Service. We will provide you 30 days' notice by posting the amended terms. Additionally, we will notify you by email. Your continued access or use of our services constitutes your acceptance of the amended terms.
The Terms of Service and all terms and polices posted through our services set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and us, and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.