- For students preparing for standardized tests, including the SAT, ACT, ESL, TOEFL, and TOEIC. Also for homeschoolers and remote learners.
- Organized by 250 Greek and Latin roots as the building blocks for words, this book will aid in learning 1,200 words while introducing 2,000 more words.
- Includes quizzes after each root discussion to test progress.
It differs from the Merriam-Webster Vocabulary Builder deck as in it doesn’t include the “Explanation Text and Word Definition” cloze cards which are rather time consuming.
Notes about the deck design:
- A well designed deck of “Merriam-Webster Vocabulary Builder”.
- For each unit, first the ROOT of the words is introduced. (cloze)
- Then WORDS based on the ROOT is introduced. (reverse)
- At the end of the unit QUIZZES are presented for review. (basic)
- Night Mode!
Cloze Deletions are auto generated using spaCy (expect weird stuff). Merriam Webster doesn’t use IPA, so all IPA is auto generated using eng_to_ipa.
v1.0 [2020-11-04] Initial Release
- Name: Merriam-Webster Vocabulary Builder - LITE
- Tags: english, vocabulary
- Author: woolgatherer
- Downloads: 322
- Price: Free
0 0 14
Some wrong answers begin to crop up "After finding several of her missing things in the other closet, she began wondering if her roommate was an ordinary thief or actually suffering from ___." The wrong answer is "megalomaniac". Another claimed that intense fear of AIDS caused "psychedelic" symptoms when it clearly should be "psychosomatic". Not so sure anymore if I should continue learning these if I end up learning false things.
Leave a review: